How can I create a promotion?
On the booking engine, the promotion will always be shown 30 days before the promotion arrival date and 15 after the last day.
Please, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: First you need to go to REVENUE > PROMOTIONS.
STEP 2: Click on
- You can also use the shortcuts available for the most common promotion types, by selecting them and clicking on NEW.
STEP 3: Select the promotion type:
- Early Booking - to enable promotions when booking in advance
- Longer Stays - to establish a minimum stay restriction
- Social - to define a promotion valid only for your facebook fans and/or twitter followers
- Flash Deals - to define a promotion valid during a specific selling period
- Packages - to create a promotional package with additional services (meal plans, spa gifts...)
- This content cannot be indexed. It can be added in the promotion description content
- Voucher - to create marketing campaigns and accept vouchers as a payment method
- Meal Plan - to provide special meal options to your clients
- Returning Guests - these promotions will only be available to returning guests (the system uses a cookie)
- Free Days - Promotions that have Free days regarding minimum stay restrictions. It will allow to maximize long bookings.
- Custom - to create a promotion mixing all the settings/restrictions according to your needs.
- Promotion Returning Guests
- When a guest books a room or a promotion, a cookie is saved with the ID of your hotel. So when he returns to your hotel the guest can see this promotion.
- Please bear in mind that as a guest:
- Before booking a room or a promotion, they will not see Returning Guest in the booking engine;
- If they don't allow cookies to be saved, the promotion is never shown.
- If they change browser/pc or clear cookies the promotion will not be visible.
STEP 4: Enter the promotion's name and flag the option ACTIVE.
STEP 5: Insert a Teaser and a Long Description.
- In the "Long Description" field you can write all the information you want people to know when clicking "" in the offers list on the Booking Engine.
STEP 6: Select the DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICY, from the drop down list.
STEP 7: Add a picture, by clicking on .
STEP 8: In the ROOM TYPES section, define the PROMOTION RATE TYPE by selecting one of the following options:
- It allows to either add a Discount or to Increase the Room rate with a Percentage % or an Amount (e.g. €, £, $, etc).
- This rate type does not affect Meal Plans, only the Room Rates
- This allows the hotel to set a specific Discount/ Increase, of a % or an Amount (e.g. €, £, $, etc).
- FLAT RATE price
- This allows the Hotel to define a fixed price per night for each room type.
- PROMOTION PRICE PER NIGHT you introduce the price that you want to sell the room.
- RETAIL PRICE PER NIGHT you can introduce the OLD rate that will appear strikethrough in order the client to see and compare the amount saving on the booking engine as it is displayed on following the image:
[ For more details about rate types, please check "How can I setup my promotion's pricing options?" ]
STEP 9: Under the social marketing and special restrictions section, you can define whether this is a promotion for twitter and/or facebook.
- PROMOTION CODE - only guests with a code can proceed with a reservation
- You may click on "GENERATE PROMOTION CODE" to set a random code
- The promotional codes are also available for the MOBILE.
[ For more details about social media promotions, please check How can I create a twitter or facebook promotion? ]
STEP 10: Create the new promotion's details/restrictions, according to the promotion type selected before, by entering the following information:
- On the SELL DATE field you should enter the dates when this promotion will be available to book/sell online;
- On the ARRIVAL DATE field you should enter the stay dates/period this promotion relates to (It is the promotion active period);
- On the MIN/MAX STAY fields you should enter the number of nights restriction (example: minimum of 3 nights, maximum of 7 nights) if applicable;
- On the ADVANCE BOOKING field enter the number of your advance days for an early booking discount;
- On the SELL LIMIT field define the total amount of booking you want to accept within this promotion;
- On the MEAL PLAN field define which of the available meal plans you want to associate with the promotion.
STEP 11: Make sure you save all the information entered by clicking on .
- In order to help you find the existing promotions, you can filter the list according to the promotions name & status.
- To search a promotion by name you just need to enter the relevant word and click on FILTER.
- To find a promotion by its status you just need to select the desired option from list on the left navigation panel. You can filter to see ALL PROMOTIONS, ACTIVE PROMOTIONS, INACTIVE PROMOTIONS.
- For more details about How to link Promotions to be sold on your other OTA channels click here.