How can I access client’s credit card details?
|HOME > RESERVATIONS AREA > How can I access client’s credit card details?|
To access client’s credit card details, the Hotel will need to insert the credit card password.
This password is usually different from the one used to login in Guestcentric, because it's a general password to be used by all the property users.
It was defined by the first person who logged in GuestCentric for the first time, but could have been changed in the meantime (How can I change my credit card's password?)
STEP 1: Please go to the RESERVATIONS tab.
STEP 2: Open the relevant reservation by double-clicking on it, or by clicking on the OPEN button.
STEP 3: Scroll down until the PAYMENT METHOD area and click on the VIEW button.
STEP 4: Insert the credit card password you have defined to access the credit card full details.
The hotelier User will receive an email to Authorize the new Device when checking the credit card. This will happen once per device in use;
- If it is not the first time that the user has attempted to check credit card details using this device, this message will not appear and you must skip to STEP 8.
STEP 5: The following message will be displayed informing about the email sent to the user login.
(This message will only appear again if the User checks the credit card using another device)
STEP 6: Check your email and copy the activation code.
STEP 7: Once the code is Inserted, click in Activate Device.
STEP 8: Due to safety reasons, the card number and the 3 digit CVV/CVC code will be available after you type the aditional security code.
Please enter the security code to see the credit card number and CVV/CVC (highlighted in yellow on the image below)
Please make sure you only access this information exactly and only when you are about to authorize the transaction.
- Guestcentric does not recommend that you print the credit card details, copy or store it anywhere else but in our system.
STEP 9: You will now be able to check the credit card details.
STEP 10: Click on the 'Show CVV' button to access the credit card CVV code.
- After you enter the security code to view the card number, you will have a 90 seconds timeframe limit to click on 'Show CVV' button. Once those 90 seconds have passed, the system will block the CVV for all users, and it will not be possible to access it anymore.
Only one CVV/CVC preview is allowed by the system, due to security reasons. Once you view the CVV/CVC, no other user will be able to consult it again.
- If you try to perform a second preview, a message will be displayed with information regarding the user who accessed it, along with the date & time.
For all the payments done through AMEX and for all the old reservations, the credit card security code will not be available. Instead the following message will be displayed:
WRONG CREDIT CARD PASSWORD:
The bellow message is shown if you do not insert the correct password:
REQUEST THE PASSWORD 'HINT':
In case you forget your credit card password, please click on the message 'receive the password hint in your email'. After this, you will receive an automatic email with the 'hint' you defined when you configured your credit card password. Make sure you check your email's spam and trash folder.
- To check aditional help on this, please visit the following link: How can I request my credit card's password hint?
IF YOU STILL CANNOT REMEMBER:
Guestcentric does not hold any hotel passwords. Therefore, if you forget the credit card password, we have no way of resending it to you.
If you still cannot remeber the credit card password after the 'hint' email, you must contact our support team to be performed a reset. Be aware that if your password is reseted, you will lose access to all the credit cards currently stored in the system (only the credit cards of reservations confirmed after the reset will be possible to view).
Before requesting us a password reset, we recommend that you first search for it in the property, specially in your computers and amongst the other employees.