Set up GTM and GA4
Set up Google Tag Manager and GA4
The Customer Experience team has built a container ID with a suggestion for your Google Tag Manager setup.
This will allow you to have GTM configured and connected to Google Analytics 4, for one-to-one tracking within just 2 minutes.
1. Download "Customer Experience" container ID
Please click here and download a JSON file with the container ID. Our container ID is called "Customer Experience GTM"
2. Import the container ID to your Google Tag Manager Account
Open your GTM account and go to the "admin" area. Click on the "Import container" option and upload the "Customer Experience GTM" file.
Please notice that you can choose which tags, triggers and variables you want to import, but we suggest to import them all.
3. Replace the measurement ID with your own Google Analytics measurement ID
This container ID is configured to send data to Customer Experience GA4.
To start receiving conversion data into your GA4 account, you need to replace our "GA4 measurement ID" constant variable with yours.
Variables > Search for GA code > Replace G-93JQY1CZ3H with yours
Now you add the GA4 code into your variables list, you should update both "Booked reservation" and "GA4 Measurement ID" tags
Tags > Booked Reservation > Measurement ID > Click on the "folder +" button and search for "GA4 code"
4. Submit changes
Container is ready to be published! All changes made were saved, but you need to publish the new version of your container ID.
5. Add the container ID to GuestCentric
Copy your container ID and paste in GuestCentric setup area
Setup > Google Credentials > Tag Manager > Container ID
6. Re-pubish your Website/Booking Engine
As usual, please re-publish your website
- We use Google Analytics standard setup and best practices according to Google Analytics 4
- This e-card aims to help our customers speed up the setup process for GTM and GA4, but this is a suggestion of a potential setup
- Our team does not configure, support, or manage GA4 and GTM accounts