How can I manage meal plans?
GuestCentric systems allows the Hotel to have 5 different meal plans: Room Only, Bed & Breakfast, Half-Board, Full-Board and All Inclusive.
- Please bear in mind, that once a meal plan is active, it is active for all offers (room type, promotions and special rates).
STEP 1: Go to REVENUE AREA and select the option DYNAMIC PACKAGING > MEAL PLANS, on the left navigation menu.
- By default the base meal plan is set to "Room Only" and all room types are assigned to this meal plan
- In this list all active and inactive meal plans, and the relevant offers assigned will be displayed:
STEP 2: To activate other available meal plans you need to select them from the list, by double-clicking or by clicking on EDIT.
STEP 3: You can add a different name and then flag the option ACTIVE:
STEP 4: Under the price field, enter the additional amount you will be charging for the meal plan upgrade, bearing in mind your base meal plan:
- You can set different prices for adults and children.
- On the booking engine the system will then be able to calculate the meal plan charges according to the nr of adults and children within the reservation.
STEP 5: Click on the button.
STEP 6: After activating your meals plans, you will need to associate them to the available room types and promotions, by clicking on the button.
STEP 7: Select the available options from the drop down list, as shown below, and click on SAVE:
How will the meal plans appear on the Booking Engine?
- By clicking on the "+Info" button, the room information will also display the meal plans available and their price:
- In case you wish to define a different meal plan as your base meal plan, you have to select it from the list and click on the button.
- You can also change the meal plans label and/or add a % tax amount aplicable only to the meals plans, just by clicking on the button.
Need help translating the Meal plans labels?
Please check this e-card with the step-by-step to help you with the process: