How can I configure the filters from the booking engine?
STEP 1 : First you need to go to SETUP > External Booking Engine
STEP 2 : Clik on the CONFIGURATIONS button:
If you don't want to risk your booking engine opening up with a "No availability" message, you just have to set the option Search Next to Yes. This wil set the booking engine to search for the first period with offers available that fits on the clients requests (nights, adults and children), and to open with those dates.
- e.g.: The client is looking for rooms "Today", for 2 adults and 2 children.
- Since there aren't any rooms available for "Today" with those settings, the booking engine automatically shows the next available date with a room that can fulfill those requests.
This feature only works if the check-in date is "Today". If the guest is looking for another date specifically, the booking engine will open as usual, with the 'no availability' message.
By default, on your booking engine, customers are presented with a Flexible results for Dates or Occupancy.
- e.g.: any search date will show all available results. Rooms and Promotions will display a locker if there are specific restrictions
- Promotions are dispalay within 1 month previous to a promotion and 15 after it's check out
- e.g.: if the search is done for 1 adult and 0 children, the results shown will be for rooms supporting an occupancy of 1 or more adults.
- Please check how the Booking Engine is shown, with both Dates and Occupancy is set to Flexible:
You can configure the booking engine to display only strict results to your customers, meaning that your booking engine will show only the results that specifically match the customer search.
- Dates - the results will only display what is bookable for that specific period.
- Occupancy - the results will only display what matches specific inventory occupancy. The Hotel needs to have configured on the setup, each inventory occupancy match.
- if the search is done for 1 adult and 0 children, the results shown will be only for the room with that inventory occupation.
Please check how the Booking Engine will be shown with Dates or Occupancy set to Strict:
- If you choose Dates or Occupancy to Strict the prices on the Booking Engine calendar will not be shown - The option "Show BAR in calendar" will not be available.
- Rates will be displayed on the Booking engine, once the client has selected an offers from the list.
- When selecting the option 'Promos only' followed by 'No', the results on the booking engine will only show available Promotions.
- Please make sure you have active Promotions with available offers.
- When selecting the option 'Promos only' followed by 'Yes', the results on the booking engine will show the available rooms, if there are no promotions available to book.
- [ For more details about 'How to create a promotion', please click here ]
- When selecting the option 'All offers', both promotions and rooms will be available to book on the booking engine:
- The Hotel is able to show Total Stay of the offer:
- or to show the Average (price per night).
STEP 3: Once you have selected how you wish your booking engine to filter and display your offers, click on SAVE.
- If you select both strict dates and occupancy and if there are no results that specifically match the customer's search, your booking engine will return with no results: