How can I activate a channel on Guestcentric extranet?
NOTE: Assure that you have all needed rooms to be able to connect with the rooms and promotions you have on the channel extranet
STEP 1: First you need to go to SETUP - HOME - CHANNEL SETTINGS.
STEP 2: Select the channel you wish to activate by double-clicking on the relevant row.
STEP 3: Add User and Pass on the correspondent fields:
STEP 4: Click on TEST CONNECTION and make sure you receive the following message:
Make sure you receive a similar success message:
STEP 5: Click on ADD button and make sure that a yellow bar opens with your hotel room inventory:
NOTE: You MUST link all your room inventory with the one available at the channel extranet.
On the field there should not be left behind any room inventory to link.
STEP 6: Click SAVE for each combination and continue to add the remaining inventory.
STEP 7: Link all your room types (rates) with the channel:
NOTE: You MUST link all your room types with the ones available at the channel side.
On the field there should not be left behind any room type to link.
STEP 8: Click SAVE for each combination and continue to add the remaining rates (room types).
STEP 9: Under the BOOKING ALLOCATION section you have now 2 options for selection:
- Set sales limit the same as hotel booking gadget - By selecting this option your total availability will be shared with the channel
- Set sales limit per week day - By selecting this option you will be able to define which and how many rooms (on a weekly basis) you want to have available on the channel
You can set this for ALL ROOMS at the same time or PER ROOM separately.
STEP 10: After mapping all room types available, please click on and confirm that you wish to update your channels settings.
You will now see that the relevant channel is already active.
STEP 11: Click on in order to define the rate policy you want to have on the channel.
Here you also have 2 options available:
- Price parity - By selecting this option you will have rate parity in between both platforms
- Best Rate Guarantee - By selecting this option you can define the amounts you wish to add to the existing room prices.
If using PERCENTAGE, you will be increasing your Booking.com rates with the % defined here.
If using FLAT RATE, you will be increasing your Booking.com rates with the fixed amount defined here.
STEP 12: To save this information click on
STEP 13: To complete the process you now need to go to the REVENUE tab and click on REVIEW & PUBLISH CHANGES
In order to be able to complete all the steps described above and activate channels, you need to make sure you:
- Have rates & availability loaded for at least 1 year
- Have matching room types in all channels
- Have matching payment methods active on both platforms
STEP 5 is only relevant for channels based on RLI (room level inventory, like Booking.com. For the other channels you should skip to STEP 7.
STEP 9 related to BOOKING ALLOCATION is only applicable for direct channel connections, like Booking.com & Expedia.