How can I create my cancellation and guarantee policy?
The Hotel can set specific Cancellation policies to be added to their Room types and Promotions. There are 2 default cancellation set "48hours" and the "Non refundable"
STEP 1: First you need to go to SETUP > PAYMENTS > CANCELLATIONS AND GUARANTEE.
STEP 2: By default we have in the system two cancellation policies:
- "48 hours (default)"
STEP 3: You may also create a new cancellation and guarantee policy. In order to do so, click on .
STEP 4: Specify your policy, by entering the following information:
- Policy Name - Name of the policy
- Active - If it's active it will be possible to assign it to rooms/ Promotions
- Guarantee - If a credit card is required at the time of the booking
- Installments - to be used when integrated with a "Payment Gateway" - parcial payments
In order to set up Installments on your payment method, click here.
- Policy Teaser - The policy hightlight text that appears on the Booking Engine
- Cancellation Policies - The text describing the policy.
- Cancelations Rules - The behavior and setup of the the policy. (E.g. For a full payment of the reservation if cancellation is made 5 days prior to checkin date then it should be like the image above). Can be set by % or by number of nights.
- Guarantee Policy - Text to describe more details about the guarantee.
- Deposit Rules - The behavior and setup of the deposit. (E.g. For a deposit of the full amount of the stay if the reservation is done 15 days prior to checkin then it should be done like the image above). Can be set by % or number of nights.
STEP 5: Make sure you save all information entered by clicking on .
This policy has no editable rules for cancellation nor for guarantee policies, but it is assumed a "0" days prior to check-in and 100% deposit. The layout will however be shown as "Non-refundable".
As other policies, custom or not, they can be checked by clicking "I accept the Terms and Conditions" on the "Complete your reservation" window.
- By default, the "48 Hours " Cancellation Policy is settled for canceled bookings and/or "No Shows", applying automatically a 1 night fee.
- Like the "48 Hours Cancellation Policy" (default), the "Non-Refundable Policy" cannot be deleted;
- To assign a cancellation policy to the room types, click here.
- To assign a deposit and cancellation policy in a Promotion, please check STEP 6 of this ecard.
- In order to have all the room types and promotions with the right policy, you must set the policy you want as default, just by clicking in "Set as Default".
- Please note that this may be done before or after the room types creation. If it's after, don't forget to assign the created policy to the room types, by following the steps described here.
- In order to translate the cancellation policies, click here.