How can I setup my taxes?
The Hotel can setup their own taxes, if they are not included in the Room rate.
STEP 1: First you need to go to SETUP > PAYMENTS > TAXES.
STEP 2: Click on NEW button.
STEP 3: Fill in the details of your new tax:
- Tax name - name of the tax;
- Tax description - add some details regarding Tax description ;
- Amount - choose the amount to be charged;
- Unit - choose the amount to be charged in percentage or currency;
- Frequency - Choose if the amount to be charged will be Per Room or Per Person:
If you select any of the "Per person" options you will find a new field for "Settings tax per person":
- Min. Children Age - minimum age set to charge.
- There is an "Don't charge" option available.
- In the example above Children over 3 years old will be charged 1 (unit) as currency.
- Max. Amount Per Person - the hotel can set the maximum value to charge per person
- The client will never be charged over the maximum value set.
- The Max. Amount Per Person is always set as currency unit.
- In the example above: if the guest stays for 10 nights, he will be charged 7 instead of 10, because the "max. Amount per person" is 7 and "Amount" is 1.
STEP 4: Make sure you save all information entered by clicking on .
- On the booking engine, guests will be able to see the label for "Taxes" and the total amount to be charged:
- On GuestCentric system, the Hotel will be able to see the name "Taxes" and the total amount: