How can I set independent open/ stop sales between Rooms and Promotions ?
Promotion revenue includes the possibility to chose if the hotel wants to open/ stop promotions individually or according to room open/ stop sales.
STEP 1: First you need to go to SETUP > PROMOTIONS.
- You will be able to set Promotions Open/ Stop sales to be derived from Rooms
Hotels with no Channel management integration will have by default the NO option, the ones with Integration will have it set as YES
YES - Promotions Open/Stop sales are derived from rooms
- Opening or stopping sales on a room will always open or stop sales on all derived promotions.
- You will not be able to Open/Stop sales on the promotion independently.
NO - Promotions Open/Stop sales are derived from rooms
- Opening or stopping sales on a room will not affect that room's derived promotions.
- You must Open/Stop sales on the promotion independently.
STEP 2: By selecting YES in order to have open/sotp sales derived from Rooms
all stop sales applied to the room are stopped as well on the promotions that include that room.
On Revenue you will no longer have the buttons to Open/ Stop sales individually.
STEP 3: By selecting NO the Open/ Stop sales will not be derived from Rooms
- this will make the stop sales work individually: stopping the room will not stop the associated promotions.
Promotions can be Open/ Stop individually and once this is done a modal with 3 areas will pop up:
Action: when opening or stopping dates
Channels: It will show all channels (by default these are pre-selected) that the hotel has active on setup> Channel settings.
- (it will keep these open/stop sales parity to these channels)
Promotions: it will display all promotions associated to the room you are editing,
- check which promotions you want to apply the same changes.
- if you want to select them all check “Promotions” on the column top.
STEP 4: Make sure you save your changes by clicking on .
- By default all hotels have the option “No” selected. Therefore by stopping a room it will not stop the promotion;
Promos that were stopped via room are now open
- Hotels with a PMS integration will have by default the option “Yes” selected.
Changing from “No” to “Yes” or vice-versa does not contemplates any kind of revenue synchronization;
Log analysis will not state when derived open/ stop sales change it's status.
For the YES setting , the Log Analysis (Tools) will display from now on, each stop sales done to a room and the promotion update.