How can I define a room type with pricing per occupancy basis?
In order to create pricing per occupancy, hotels define a base rate that is yielded on a daily basis (typically the double occupancy rate) and extra charges for additional adults and/or children. Therefore, this settings always have to be in accordance to the room inventory created previously.
STEP 1: Go to SETUP AREA
STEP 2: Create your room inventory, following the details described here.
Example: Villa T2 with maximum capacity of 4 adults and 2 children.
STEP 3: Create your room type, following the details described here.
NOTE: The rate defined here will be valid for your base occupancy.
After saving all the information, your new room type will be displayed on the room types list.
STEP 4: Highlight the relevant room type and click PRICE PER OCCUPANCY button.
STEP 5: On the next screen define your base occupancy and the extra charges for additional adults and/or children.
- On this case, the base price defined for Villa T2 (1500€) is considering a base occupancy of 2 adults.
- For an addtional adult (upto a maximum of 4 adults) it will be charged an extra of 75€/adult.
- For an additional child (upto a maximum of 2 children) it will be charged an extra of 50€/child.
STEP 6: Click on SAVE and you will get a confirmation message similar to this:
STEP 7: Now your room type will display the occupancy details as shown here:
From now on, when selecting this room type on your booking engine, the price displayed will be according to the selection of adults/children done below the calendar area.
How this will look like on the Website?
- The following example is only illustrative of how this form will appear on the website.
- This presentation will depend on the website template.
Example: 2 adults & 1 child = total of 1550€
- If you wish to update your settings on the existing room types, you just need to follow the details from STEP 4 onwards.