How can I clean the text format displayed on my website?
Sometimes when using Copy & PASTE option to add content from different sources into your website, the text brings some unformatted text, different font sizes and/or types or even strange symbols that do not match your website layout.
In order to make sure the new content will not bring unformatted text again, please
- Use the feature "Paste as text" described here.
- Or use a simple Text Formatting Tool from your computer
In order to "clean" those contents, please make sure you remove those formats by following these steps:
STEP 1: Go to the relevant text box that you wish to edit:
STEP 2: Select the option Source Code option (HTML) and a new window will pop up
- Or click in Tools > Source Code:
STEP 3: Select the text you wish to remove/clean and using your keyboard, click on the DELETE button.
STEP 4: After this action you just need to click on UPDATE and all the relevant text will be erased, so you can add the new contents back again.
- Clicking the "Enter" button is equal do a paragraph - in HTML <p>
- Clicking the "Shift + Enter" buttons is equal to a line break - in HTML <br>